Hours of Operation
6:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Contact: Alexa Olivar - Director (808) 678-1770; Fax: 1 (808) 678-1770 Email: AWAIPAHUHONGWANJI@hawaii.rr.com Website: http://www.adultdaycarehawaii.org
Fees: Full Time: $1150.00 a month as of Feb. 2016; Monday - Friday
Fees include lunch and snacks. A $25.00 non refundable intake fee is required.
Part Time: - $70:00 a day; two days minimum for part-time; Fees include lunch and snacks; A $25.00 non-refundable intake fee is required.
Goals and Objectives
- to operate, without discrimination, a supervised adult day care program providing a safe, healthy environment with opportunities for social interaction, recreational activities, and mental stimulation.
- to provide a service to families with older adults who need care and supervision while family members are working or need respite
- to provide a variety of activities to meet the needs of the participants
- any adult 55 years or older who is physically or mentally disabled meeting the criteria of an adult day care service
- those living alone or remain at home unattended while family members or caregivers are at work
- those in need of supervision and care during the day
- those who need social and mental stimulations to delay/prevent institutionalization
- must be ambulatory (with or without assistive devices)
- must be able eat by themselves
- cannot be combative or disruptive
- is not prone to wandering (the facility is left opened and unlocked to provide a more welcoming and home-like environment)
Feel free to contact Waipahu Hongwanji Adult Day Care Center if you have any questions about the eligibility requirements.
Programs and Activities
- planned to stimulate their minds, maintain and strengthen both their fine and gross motor skills and encourage social interactions. These include:
- music and singing
- arts and crafts
- games and memory joggers
- intergenerational gatherings and reminiscing
- special guests
About the Center and Staff
Located less than a mile from Waikele Shopping Center, this Adult Day Care Center is the first center statewide of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission.
The staff is comprised of a registered nurse, certified nurses, and/or activity aides experienced in working and dealing with the elderly in a compassionate, caring and professional manner.
The Waipahu Hongwanji Adult Day Care Center is licensed by the State of Hawaii - Department of Human Services and undergoes yearly inspections held by the State.
6:45 a.m. Center Opens
6:45 - 9:00 Clients Arrival
9:00- 9:15 A.M. Snack
9:15 - 10:00 A.M. Exercise
10:00 - 11:00 A.M. Activity
11:00 - 1:00 Lunch/Rest
1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Exercise
2:00 - 2:30 P.M. Snack
2:30 - 3:30 P.M. Activity
3:30 - 5:00 Departing
5:00 P.M. Center Closes